Skill level and understanding of the law are extremely important qualities in a lawyer, but they’re not nearly enough. At the Ross Law Firm, we believe that diligence, tenacity, and attentiveness to clients are at least as important. Such traits are not only vital to achieving results, but also conducive to a superior client experience.
This philosophy underlies our approach to both non-litigation and litigation services.
[David] was very easy to talk to and spoke to me in layman’s terms so I could understand what was going on. He sent me numerous e-mails in regards to my case and he was willing to go the extra mile for me and that was something very special. David is understanding and also persistent, showed a real commitment to my case and I could have not made a better choice. – A.S.
As a business owner, the last thing you want is a lawsuit that will divert time and resources from running (and growing) your business. Accordingly, we’ll work with you to prevent or resolve disputes with partners, competitors, and employees before any suits are filed.
Our transactional and litigation prevention services include the following:
- Preparation of business and employment contracts.
- Thorough review and negotiation of franchise agreements, buy-sell agreements, and other contracts.
- Representation in pre-litigation negotiations aimed at early settlement.
- Behind-the-scenes advice on issues related to compliance with governmental standards, avoidance of liability to third parties, and handling of potential or developing legal disputes.
[Dave] does not always tell you what you want to hear, but he always tells you what you need to know. – H.D.
As desirable as dispute prevention may be, you sometimes have no choice but to fight. In such a case, we’ll vigorously battle to resolve your disagreement – on the terms most favorable to you – in court or through arbitration. Indeed, much of our practice is devoted to the adversarial “dispute resolution” process.
We have significant experience litigating the following issues (among others):
- Franchise issues relating to disclosure laws, franchisor fraud, franchise terminations, and royalty disputes.
- “Business law” issues such as breach of contract, unfair competition, misappropriation of trade secrets, non-competes, antitrust, fraud, and consumer protection.
- Employment issues such as discrimination, wage-and-hour disputes, and breaches of post-employment non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
(For more information about our litigation services, please click here.)
Regardless of the type of service you need, we’ll proactively communicate with you throughout the representation and provide straightforward answers to your questions.